Merry Christmas!! Your christmas present is 300 spam messages from us.

I was recently checking my Inbox today and I found these 300 (roughly) messages from 'Tipsy Santa'

SUBJECT: You Have Won!
To: [URL REDACTED]

Congratulations, [EMAIL REDACTED] you have won our grand prize of 300 dollars of the supermarket of your choice, please click on [url redacted] here to download your free shopping voucher.

As a matter of fact, in Sandboxie, this link was opened and I found this page with the title:

Win a iPhone 4! You have won a iPhone 4, please click here to redeem your iPad3 (Now, are we talking iPads or iPhones?)

I looked at the source code and I found this
Win a iPhone 4

You have won a iPhone 4

Please click [URL REDACTED]to win your free iPhone 4






The website asked for some very personal information. such as Name, D.O.B., Address, Credit Card info, Phone Number, SSN (which we don't have over here in Australia), email address and password.

Now, I gave them FAKE  information. To see what they would do. MAILBAIT forwarded the following spam message onto me

[MAILBAIT MESSAGE FORWARD]
Subject: Winner @ mailbait.com
TO: [EMAIL REDACTED]
Message Line:
Your email address was selected for awesome stuff, please click here [URL Redacted] to win your awesome new stuff


I find this very annoying and very irritating, some of the spam I get is mostly, YOU HAVE WON or A Nigeria scam (e.g. I have 32,00,00 euros waiting for you etc.)


So. if you get this, please forward a copy onto me by emailing spamforwards@tgwmforums.herobo.com


Thanks a lot guys for your support on this blog.

Happy Christmas and have a great new year!


Stay tuned for more New Years posts on this blog and the backup blog at http://www.trafficlightcrashfinder.tk/the-daily-post





Cheers once again!


Comments

Popular Posts